When you are worried about whether you need to send the email right now or later, this is one of the most frustrating things professionally. It happens because of the time zone and some communicating differences. Although sometimes when you remember something to send right now is not the right time to send, so in this condition, scheduled emails help a lot. You don’t have to wait for the right time to happen, and also you don’t have to keep yourself busy thinking about that specific work. Once your email is sent to the user on the right time, most of the frustration gets down.
Schedule email can be used in several ways, depending on the user for which situation they want to use it. Schedule email option was always there in the email section to use. If you haven’t tried it or don’t know about this underrated feature, you definitely should know about it.
What are Schedule Emails and its Use?
Schedule emails are those emails where the sender composes an email and sets the timer for a specific time to deliver. These emails are the same as regular emails, but the processes of sending an email just get changes. You can set time on email send after some minutes of hours, depending on the schedule timing. The receiver doesn’t get any type of notification or alert if the email has been sent by schedule timing procedure. In your free time, you can write an email and set the schedule to deliver it on a particular time.
Schedule Email on Outlook
To use Outlook, you have to access it on a desktop app because it is not available in the mobile device or browser.
- Begin composing the message and tap on the “Options” section on the top side of the screen.
- Press on three-dots of the top side.
- Choose the “Delay Delivery” option from the drop-down section.
- Within the “Delivery options,” ensure the “Do not deliver before is checked.”
- Use the drop-down section or mention the timing and date for email to send.
- Press “Close” then you are finished.
- Now you can see this email in the outbox section where if you want to do any changes with the email, just open that section and choose email to do the modification.
The only thing you need to remember when you use Outlook is that you need to keep the Outlook app open if you want email to deliver on the right time. If you close the application, the email will not be delivered and will be delivered when you open the application again.
Schedule Email in Gmail Using the Browser
In the Gmail schedule, the email is pretty easy.
- Once you compose an email, you will see an arrow near the “Send” option.
- Press the “Schedule Send” option.
- Press on “Scheduling” options.
- Choose the timing and date from the pop-up window to send the message to deliver on mentioned timing.
- Now press “Schedule Send.”
Schedule Email on Gmail Using the Mobile Application
- Compose the email and press on three-dots on the upper-right corner.
- Choose the “Schedule Send” option on the bottom of the display of iOS devices and in the drop-down section on Android devices.
- Similar to the browser feature, adjust the date and timing of delivery of email and “Save” it.
Before the email is delivered, it will be available in the schedule section. You can select your email and cancel from there if you are not ready to send it. You can also edit it if you want. Even if you close the app or the browser, your email will be delivered at the right time. Just remember, you don’t have to open the email on the timing of scheduling, if you do it then you have to send the email manually or reschedule it.