The primary concern of all the parents is keeping away gadgets from their children. Especially kids that are still growing, but have their eyes glued to the screen all the time.
Screen Time is a feature that can control and set a limit on the time a device is being used by your child, on an iPhone and iPad. Not only this, but it can also set communication limits.
Further, we shall be discussing the steps to set communication limits on an iPhone and iPad using Screen Time. The steps are as follows:
Communication limits with Screen time can only be worked with if you have the latest iOS version installed on your iPhone and iPad.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app from the home screen on your device.
- Locate the ‘Screen Time’ tab from the list of other settings and click on the same.
- The next window will appear with tools that Screen time uses. Click on the ‘Communication Limits’ option.
- Next, it offers you two separate settings for ‘During Allowed Screen Time’ and ‘ ‘DownTime.’ Communication limits are placed for ‘Everyone’ by default, but you can change the same as per your convenience.
- Tap on the ‘During Allowed Screen Time’ option, and select between the two: ‘Everyone’ or ‘Contacts only.’ You may also allow group conversations by turning the slider on for ‘Allow Introductions in Groups.’
- Once the settings are made for this option, switch to the ‘Down Time’ button. Select between the two: ‘Everyone’ or ‘Specific Contacts’ as you can’t choose to interact with all your contacts with this option. If you choose the second option, select the specific contacts from your list.
Following a few steps can set communication limits for you using screen time. However, iCloud sync is also an important part to work with this feature and must be turned on. This won’t allow anyone else except you to make changes to your settings.
It is an easy way for all the parents to have control over the device usage by their children, and the settings could be set for messages, Facetime, and any other applications that support the same.
Limitations could be set to third-party applications with the help of ‘App limit’ features in the Screen time settings.
It has another amazing feature that is working with emergency calls. Whenever an emergency call is made, communication limits feature automatically gets disabled for 24 hours so that your children are able to communicate with others, if an emergency. This feature ensures safety and is very useful.
Screen time feature also has a separate password other than the lock screen password, to ensure security and restrict anyone from making any changes.